Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The end of an Era

The last five years I have really loved being a mother of babies, toddlers, and preschoolers. It has been the most joyous time of my life spending my days with my babies, but today marked the end of having all my kids at home with me. Kate went and started Kindergarten!! Many of you know of my struggle with sending her this year because she will be one of the youngest, but earlier this summer Drew and I finally decided to just bite the bullet and let her go. I did not want this to be the decision because I didn't feel ready to let my first-born grow up, not to mention I didn't want to grow up! Not following the school calendar is pretty awesome; trips whenever you want, no alarm clocks in the morning, laid back days, etc. However, over the last couple of months, I have grown more comfortable letting my little one go and following the beat of the school schedule. So, let the fun begin!!!
Above: First day of school breakfast!
Showing off her Tinkerbell backpack...Aren't we so cool?
So big and ready to learn!
We will miss you Kate! Especially Lily

Waiting for the bus
Getting on the bus! Yes, cars were lined up waiting as I snapped this shot, but thats a mother's prerogative!
Her locker!

At her desk and ready for Mommy to leave!
It is now 10:30, and I think Lily, Elise, and I are holding up great. I am excited for 2:45 to come to hear how the first day went. Can Kate really be this big?!!?

2 comments:

Jared & Tristan said...

what a cute skirt! And I love how huge her smile is in all the pictures. I can see that she was excited! How fun! Can't wait to hear about her first day! I bet she had a blast!

Christopher & Melissa said...

Katers is all grown up! She is so cute!