Friday, November 19, 2010

Ode to Pregnancy

As my third pregnancy draws to a close, I am left reflecting on this 9 month period that most women in this world experience as a part of life. I know, I know, most women do not enjoy this time, but I have to stand up for gestation and say that I really love being pregnant! You may wonder why, so I will elaborate on the things I love about pregnancy...
1. Pregnancy enables us to focus on taking care of our bodies for the sake of our little ones
2. More calories to consume!!
3. People open doors for you, tell you how cute you look, and are generally nicer then usual.
4. I feel closer to Heavenly Father during this time as I participate in his divine plan
5. Everybody wants to feed you!
6. The pregnancy glow
7. This is the only time a belly is excepted and praised!
8. It gives me another reason to shop
9. Getting a chance to slow down
10. You get a beautiful baby at the end of it!
Well, there it is, ten reasons I enjoy being pregnant!

3 comments:

Handley Family said...

Amen. I love this list! I, too, love being pregnant for these exact reasons and more. Thanks for giving a shout out to the miracle and blessing it is to bring children into the world.

The VanSickles said...

whatever... being pregnant sucks

Marcy said...

You have a good attitude... I LLLLLLLOOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEEE the outcome and the fact that I have the ability to bear children but I am NOT a fan :)