Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Friends

My sisters and brothers live far away...They all decided (Alisha and I must have missed the meeting) to live Utah and even with facebook and skype and email I still miss then and wish I could see them more often. Sometimes  it really gets me down, but then I am reminded that even though I live so far away from my most of my family, I have really, really great friends right here in good ole Evansville. Growing up I didn't have really close friends that I confided in and share my life with, and it came as a surprise when in my later 20s I found myself in a circle of caring, strong, loving women who I can share my fears and joys with. I see one of my friend every, single, day...how awesome is that? We have book club and a preschool group and workout together...we bring each other meals and watch each others children. It is a beautiful thing and I am grateful for every single one of my friends. I have learned so much from these women as we open up about our struggles and share our triumphs. So even though I pray all the time that my sisters will have a reason to move here, I am so glad that I have been blessed with a great group of surrogate sisters.

1 comment:

Jean said...

That's right:)