Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween part 1&2

Halloween started early this year with a very fun party thrown by some great friends. It helped me get their costumes done early, and we got an extra use out of them. Honestly though,I am not sure why I keep making their costumes year after year, they can be such a headache. I went to Joann's a billion times because I kept underestimating how much tulle I needed...Silly tutus. However, by this time next year I will forget all the toil and money saved and probably put myself through it all again. Thank goodness the girls are so cute, they make it all worth it!

Here they are, outfits intact! We ended up breaking the headbands in the next 20 minutes and shedding out wings closely after that, so this is the one complete picture I got! My three little butterflies!

Melting my heart
The next weekend was our church's trunk or treat...so fun! I sewed hangers into the girls' wings so they would stay open, and I must say, it made the look even better.
In this game one little one throws small pumpkins over their head while someone else catches it with the cauldron. It was way more dangerous than it looks...Kate and I were a team and I ended up catching a pumpkin with my nose! Those things were hard! Luckily, no black eyes.

Hit the cans with the beanie babies and win a prize!
Mommy (still seeing stars) and her girls!

2 comments:

Jared & Tristan said...

the picture of Elise from the back when she was sitting in the grass is so adorable! I love their wings, so pretty. Glad you didn't get a black-eye, that was quite the throw by Kate!

Christopher & Melissa said...

SOOO cute! i miss those butterflies! the costumes look great!