Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Holiday Family Newsletter...A little Late.

Some of you may have received my email with my family newsletter, but this version is for those of you who didn't.
First, I want to wish every one a wonderful 2010. I am extra excited for another wonderful year for the Heckert Family full of fun and blessings. December 6th marked the one year anniversary for Evansville eBash, and for this momentous occasion Drew was allowed a present, which he quickly squandered on a new dishwasher (which I was refusing to get). He is now in charge of emptying said dishwasher, lucky guy.
In June our family, plus my siblings Andrew and Alisha made a cross-country trek to Los Angeles. We had a blast visiting the beach, enjoying the weather, and getting acquainted with real LA traffic. It was a week I will never forget.
As for me, I have been going to school this past year, anxiously engaged in getting my nutrition degree. Being away from home is tough, but helps me appreciate my family even more.
Drew is working hard at eBash and is also the Young Men's president as church, a calling which is keeping him on his toes. His two big projects this year were getting eBash ready for retail and also going to the schools and establishing a school rewards program. Both projects were a great success and are bringing in a lot of business.
Kate is growing at the speed of light (still), and is the sweetest child that has ever been. She is very caring and kind to her little sister. She is really into dressing up like a princess, but loves to act like an animal-we have a lot of meowing/barking/growling going on at our house. Her new phrase seems to be "You hurt my feeling!" something I hear a lot along with a pouty lip and a few squeezed out tears. Such dramatics!
Lily broke my heart this year and turned two, making her not a baby anymore. This toddler is full of energy and loves Dora the Explorer and Diego. Recently she has become a champion for the "oppressed" but shouting "You hurt my sister's feelings!" every time Kate is put into time out. How can I win against that? These girls are like two peas in a pod, getting along better than i could every imagine.
That about sums up our year!!!

No comments: