Thursday, May 21, 2009

Gardening with Grandma

Today my mom made my kids' day my having them help with the gardening. Lily was the designated waterer. Look at her back foot, it is sunk deep into the mud hole.
This is Lily showing me her dirty hands.
Falling in the mud hole. She just couldn't stay away from it!
Getting out of the hole-slowly.
Kate getting in on the action. She was soaked early in the game and insisted on taking her clothes off. 
Trying to clean off Kate's feet
Alisha thought it would be fun to just throw Kate in the mud hole-mean ole' lisha!
I love the mud...and gardening!!!
Trying to find a frog.
Watching the plants grow.

With this post, I just wanted to do a little belated Mother's Day shout out to my mom. She is just wonderful-she takes great care of my kids and I, and she is so talented. This woman can do anything!!!! My kids love my mom so much, and nothing feels better than knowing how much she loves them. I am grateful to live so close to her, I just don't know what I would do without her!

3 comments:

Aaron & Kambrala Frederick said...

I love your mom too! You are very lucky Becca. That garden looks fun, to bad Arizona you can only grow ugly things, like dry dirt! Just kidding. I am content with my palm tree. I miss you all very much!
Kam

Handley Family said...

Soooo messy! Your mom is brave. I love that they love the dirt so much. Kids are so funny that way.

Cushing Ohana said...

Your 2 girls were dirtier than mine ever have been! You are one brave momma! ;) Looks like they had a blast! Kate's 'physique' reminds me of Alana's so much! :) We here at the Cushing's think your mom is great, too! I wish she'd have me over and teach me all her great 'skills'! Alexa loves speniding time with her nurse each Sunday-- whenever we talk about your mom, she says, "and she put that clip on my belly." She is very concerned over the newborn photos we have of her with her umbillical clamp attached!!! LOL