Wednesday, January 21, 2009

From Pacifiers to Potties

For the past few weeks, Kate has been "practicing" at potty training. I could get her to sit on the potty, but only after her bath and with promising her candy, but the whole candy thing was not quite as motivational as I thought it would be. So yesterday I decided to try something new: movie time. Every time she went potty she was allowed to watch 10 minutes of a movie-and voila! It actually worked!!! Well, sort of, she still doesn't tell me when she has to go, but she will go when I ask her to. So the journey has started, not something I am too excited about, but a necessary part of having children. Also, on Tuesday we were at target and she was transfixed by Sleeping Beauty underwear, and I promised when she started keeping her pull-ups dry we would come back and get them. Wish us luck!!!

No comments: